TO LEARN ᛫ TO CHALLENGE ᛫ TO TRANSFORM
Why Choose Us?
- Each child is known and cared for by all teachers
- Strong spiritual nurturing based on the Gospel values of Jesus
- Academic focus and excellence in teaching and learning
- Social responsibility: Involvement with local and overseas communities
- High personal achievement for all students in a challenging learning environment
- Successful and innovating arts, technology and sports programs
- We work in partnership with students, staff, parents and members of the Parish community
- Focus on student responsibility, leadership and respect
- Active and involved parents and a hard-working and dedicated School Community Council.
St Joseph’s have a long and proud history educating students of the Bombala and surrounding region for 130 years. Our school was established in 1888 by the Sisters of St Joseph to fulfil a need in education in the area. The Sisters of St Joseph continued to teach in our school for over 100 years and still have strong links with St Joseph’s today.
We continue to work closely with our parish of St Mary’s to support and nurture our students spiritual development. Today our school proudly offers a contemporary 21st century learning environment across four classes in spacious and well equipped surroundings.
A part of what makes our school unique is its size, which provides many advantages. As a small school, every teacher at St Joseph’s is able to know and care about each individual child. Our students are given many opportunities to build in self-confidence and self-esteem.
Restorative practices are used with the students to support them in making right choices.
Priest: Fr Mick MacAndrew
Ph: 6452 2062
Pastoral Associate: Sr Teresa Keane
Ph: 6458 3045
Bombala Parish Council Chair: Mrs Anna Vincent
Ph 6458 5208